One of my favorite ways to add flavor to rice is by either using a cooking liquid other than water (bouillon or broth is an easy alternative), or by stirring in some fresh herbs, dried fruit, peas, nuts, or other flavor and color boosters. Below are 10 of my favorite ways to make rice taste especially good.
How do you make boiled rice less boring?
A little oil, salt, and some oregano, basil, or rosemary can add instant oomph to a boring bowl of rice. Fresh or dried herbs are perfectly easy add-ins.
What can I add to rice to make it more interesting?
- Salt. Salt helps enhance and intensify the flavor of each ingredient. …
- Dried herbs and veggies. …
- Butter makes it better. …
- Oil. …
- Dried fruit, nuts, seeds. …
- Fresh herbs and veggies. …
- Acid. …
- Salt it again!
What can I add to rice for boiling flavor?
One of the simplest ways to flavour rice is to add liquid or powdered stock to the pot. If you opt for powdered stock, add it in place of the salt in step 2. If you choose liquid stock, add it in place of the water in step 3. If you would prefer a lighter flavour, try adding half stock and half water.
How do you flavor already cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.
How can I make white rice taste better?
Broth or Stock
Give a simple bowl of rice more flavor by replacing water with stock as a cooking liquid. Stock, the flavorful liquid in which bones and aromatic vegetables have cooked, gives rice a rich flavor without increasing its caloric content significantly or adding fat.
What should I season rice with?
Herbs: For flavoring dried thyme and dried parsley went into my pot of rice. Of course you can add more herbs or change herbs to your favorite. Dill, basil, oregano are some of the best options for rice seasoning. Salt n Pepper: Seasoning is most important step in the recipe.
How do you make plain rice taste good Reddit?
- You can first sauté scallion whites, then add rice, and water with chicken bullion, when it is done, add 1 tbsp butter and fluff it with fork. …
- Replace scallion whites with orzo or vermicelli.
How do you season boils in a bag of rice?
Once boil-in-bag rice is cooked, add to skillet, along with rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, ensuring the butter mixture coats the rice. Fluff rice with a fork and then top with fresh parsley and more melted butter, if desired.
How do you add flavor to rice Reddit?
Two easy seasoning recipes:
- Dissolve some beef bouillon in a bit of hot water, add soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir it into the rice.
- Stir some chopped onion in some hot oil, until it turns golden, then add some minced garlic for a minute or so.
How do I reheat cooked rice?
Bake it in the oven
Combine the rice, along with a small splash of water, in an oven-safe baking dish. Use a fork to break up any large clumps of rice, then top with a tight-fitting lid or cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 300°F for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is heated through.
How do you eat leftover rice?
Tips on serving rice safely
- Ideally, serve rice as soon as it has been cooked.
- If that is not possible, cool the rice as quickly as possible (ideally within 1 hour).
- Keep rice in the fridge for no more than 1 day until reheating.
- When you reheat rice, always check that it’s steaming hot all the way through.
Can you Flavour rice in a rice cooker?
One of our favorite ways to flavor rice because it pairs with just about anything. Add rice and water to your rice cooker and top with 1-2 tomatoes. If you want more flavor, add some chopped garlic and a pinch of salt. … Or if you want something even tastier, try our delicious clam and tomato rice recipe.