What drink goes well with seafood boil?
A southern-style crawfish or shrimp boil is going to have some heat, so you’ll want a slightly sweet white wine like an off-dry Riesling or Viognier, or a sparkling wine like Cava or Prosecco.
What Alcohol goes well with a shrimp boil?
Even a strong liquor such as vodka can really hit the spot when you’re pairing it with fresh seafood. Vodka is often mixed because it’s so strong, so you have many cocktail options. Whatever your preference, a nice citrus or simple soda will bring out a dish’s flavor.
What liquor goes with seafood?
Liquor & Seafood Pairings
- Whiskey. Your grilled salmon is begging for a glass of rye whiskey! …
- Bourbon. The high proof of bourbon needs to accompany a dish with big, bold flavors. …
- Gin. …
- Rum. …
- Vodka. …
- Experiment for Yourself.
What drink goes with crab legs?
Crab legs pair best with Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Champagne, Muscadet, and Pinot Gris. A dry Rosé also works nice with Crab Legs as it has just enough sweetness to work with the saltiness of the Crab.
What alcohol goes with Cajun seafood?
Seafood is both acidic and sweet, perfect for balancing out with a glass of Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio or Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, and Riesling. Rose and blush wines such as Pinot Noir and Sangiovese can refresh a thickly-coated palette drowning in butter.
What drink goes with Low Country boil?
Acidic wines can provide the sensation of the wine cutting through the richness of oily or fatty foods to cleanse the palate. For the Low Country Seafood Boil, Michael will be serving a Spanish rose sparkling wine, a Vinho Verde from north-west Portugal, and a Beaujolais from France.
Can you drink alcohol with seafood?
Whether in a glass on the side or worked into your marinade, alcohol can be a great complement to seafood. However, since some types of fish and shellfish have such a unique, complex flavor, it’s important to choose the right alcohol for cooking or drinking.
What beer goes with seafood?
Best Craft Beer and Seafood Pairings
- Lobster: American IPA, Belgian Tripel, or Wheat Beer.
- Crab Legs: Lager or Pilsner.
- Scallops: American IPA or Hefeweizen.
- Oysters: Stouts or Sour Beer.
- Mussels: Belgian-Style or Wheat Beer.
- Salmon: Saison, Amber Ale, or IPA.
- Other Fish: Lager, Pale Ale, or Pilsner.
- Shrimp: Pale Ale.
What alcohol goes best with lobster?
The Top 5 Wines for Lobster
- Chardonnay. Chardonnay is undoubtedly the top choice when pairing a white wine with lobster. …
- Riesling. Riesling is high in acidity, fruits, and sweet floral notes, making it ideal for the natural sweetness in lobster meat. …
- Sauvignon Blanc. …
- Rose. …
What wine goes with crab boil?
Sure, a big, buttery Chardonnay goes with fresh cracked crab, but Pinot Gris and dry Riesling also have a rich mouth-feel and often more vibrant layers of fruit. Pour a Gris if the crab is cold (and has a lemony aioli on the side), and a Riesling if it’s warm (with clarified butter).
What beer goes best with crab legs?
Beers to Pair with Crab Cakes
- Pilsner. Pilsners are lighter beers that offer a high citrus zest bitterness from plenty of hops, making them a perfect combination for crab cakes and all seafoods, especially those cooked in butter. …
- Gose. …
- Hefeweizen. …
- American IPA.
What wine is best with crab legs?
A slightly fuller-bodied white wine, chardonnay is a great choice for richer seafood, like crab legs. Since chardonnay is a dry wine, it goes great with the rich flavor of crab meat — just don’t forget to put those pinkies up when you’re cracking into the claw.